The stained glass studio was founded 1884 by the Grossmann Family in Linz, a town in Upper Austria. In 1915, Josef Raukamp - a skilled glass painter from the Rhineland region - acquired the glass shop. 1919, his brother Wilhelm who had lost his wife, left his glass painting shop in Berlin and joined Josef in Linz.

The collaboration of the two brothers was interrupted in 1926, when Wilhelm decided to enter the Cistercian Monastery in Schlierbach and became Father Petrus. However, they stayed in contact and during World War II Father Petrus safeguarded the entire stock of precious antique stained glass in the walls of the Monastery to protect them from the bombings in Linz.